A good brand for entertainers is as important as creating good entertainment content that resonates with their audiences. Because if your brand influence is weak, to become successful in your career becomes an uphill battle.
The problem is, most entertainment content creators often forget that they are the face of their brand, which is why they spend little time than needed to get their branding right.
What is personal branding? Personal branding is the practice of promoting your image and skills to influence how your target audience perceives you, using the same advertising and marketing techniques used by big brands. It involves carefully presenting your values, beliefs, and goals which set you apart from others in your field.
That said, here are seven tips to improve your brand influence and take it up a notch:
- Choose your niche: the biggest mistake you can make as an entertainment content creator is to appeal to everybody. Doing this will only lead to you wasting effort and money to create content that appeals to nobody.
The truth is all fans are not equal, and by focusing on a niche instead of casting a wider net, you give yourself a higher chance of succeeding in that specific niche.
To succeed in your career, you need to be able to exclude certain types of people from your target audience so you can focus and build a strong connection with the right audience.
- Know Who You Are: Define your unique style and get clear on what you represent as a creator. It saves you the pressure of comparing yourself with others in your field because no one else is offering the same thing as you.
- Create a Portfolio: whether you are into music or acting film, you need a good portfolio that covers your background, past project, and showcase to potential employers and others who have an interest in your work what you can offer.
- Collaboration: People in business often say, “if you don’t network, don’t work.” It is especially true in entertainment more than in any other industry. Do not make the mistake of underestimating collaborations because it can make or break your career.
- Tell Your Story: By telling your story decently and honestly, people will respond to you more. Because this will make your fans perceive you as more relatable. And, doing this will also attract those willing to invest in you.
- Keep it consistent: consistency is an essential element of a great personal brand. Therefore keep your consistency when creating your website, album cover, Facebook page, and most importantly, while telling your story.
Always keep in mind that consistency is the piece that completes the giant puzzle of creating a strong personal brand and connecting with your audience.
- Get Feedback from Your Fans: Spend time every day interacting with your fans. It will help you know what they like and what they do not like about your work. And of course, they can also be a source of inspiration for another great project.
Exzie content lease offering allows content creators to lease copyright of their content to investors for a period and at a price. If you are looking for a way to make money from your content without hassle, apply and get royalty-advance here.