A good brand for entertainers is as important as creating good content that resonates with their audiences. When your brand perception is weak for a starter creator, becoming successful in your career becomes an uphill battle.
The problem is, most entertainment content creators often forget that they are first the brand before the content they are putting out, which is why they spend little time than needed to get their brand right.
What is personal branding? Personal branding is the practice of promoting your image and skills to influence how your target audience perceives you, using the same advertising and marketing techniques deployed by big brands. It involves creatively sharing your values, beliefs, and goals which set you apart from others in your field.
That said, here are seven tips to improve your brand effort and take it up a notch.
- Choose your niche: the biggest mistake you can make as an entertainment content creator is to appeal to everybody. Doing this will only lead to you wasting effort and money to create content that appeals to nobody.
The truth is all fans are not equal, and by focusing on a niche instead of casting a wider net, you give yourself a higher chance of succeeding in that area.
To succeed in your career, you need to be able to exclude certain types of people from your target audience, so you can focus and build a strong connection with the right people.
- Know Who You Are: Define your unique style and get clear on exactly who you are as a creator. It will save you the pressure of comparing yourself with others in your field because no one else is offering the same thing as you. Also, it will help you to create content that resonates with your fans.
- Create a Portfolio: whether you are into music or acting film, you need a good portfolio that covers your background, past project, and showcase your potential to employers and others who have an interest in your work or what you can offer.
- Network: People in business often say, “if you don’t network, don’t work.” It is especially true in entertainment more than in any other industry. Networking is of two types; online and offline, and you need to engage effectively in both areas. Join communities, collaborate with other creators where necessary and leverage connections to stay relevant.
- Tell Your Story: By telling your story decently and honestly, people will respond to you more. Because this will make your fans perceive you as more relatable. Doing this will also create the connection needed for those willing to invest in you.
- Keep it consistent: consistency is an essential element of a great personal brand. Therefore keep your consistency when creating your website, album cover, Facebook page, and most importantly, while telling your story.
Always keep in mind that consistency is the piece that completes the giant puzzle of creating a strong personal brand and connecting with your audience.
- Get Feedback from Your Fans: Spend time every day interacting with your fans. It will let you know what they like and what they do not like about your work. And of course, they can also be a source of inspiration for another great project.
There you have it – seven tips you can start using today to build a great personal brand as an entertainment content creator.
Are you looking for a way to raise funds for your produced content? You can apply for a royalty-advance on any of our platforms.